Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Little Red Book...

Sparks of Truth....
I had no idea what this old red book
 was all about many years ago
 when we paid a visit to Rob's Aunt.
 As requested we gathered up
 some old books that
 were in her basement sitting

on shelves.
Shelves that needed to be emptied. 


 ...thoughts of organizing and cleaning out
 were undoubtedly in her mind at

that time in her life.

Most of the books have landed elsewhere.
I have no idea where anymore...
A few still sit in our living room bookcases...
gathering dust I must admit...
never looked at...

But for some reason this little red book
Spoke to me...right from the very start...
Signed with elegance...
A sign of value....
Maybe it was the old red color that
intrigued me...
I do remember flipping thru it
shortly after...being drawn in to
the words on the pages....
Every now and then revisiting...
And there it has sat...being moved for dusting...
but always placed perfectly on the nightstand.
It has always been there....like a
warm light...

As years have gone by I read 
and reread...page after page...
truly...a warm light...
Being one that has always held
important any words that encourage,
inspire, or shed light on life...
This little red book is filled

with Grace I believe...
It speaks of God and Life and
both as one....
I love what I read in this book...
Some pages speak to me more than others...
but that is how it works...
We are given what we need exactly
when we need it.. 
SHARING with you some favorite
thoughts from my little red book...
thoughts that are like little seeds
that yearn to be planted...


~Look where you are going in life 
because you will inevitably go where you are looking. Where your attention is;there is your destiny...


~Radiate happiness,and you will help 
and inspire everyone you meet.


~Cultivate a sense of humor.Look
for the funny side of everything. 
It is always there,and will help you 
meet any situation.


~Remember the one thing that matters
is prayer. Pray faithfully and try to live up to the best that you know.


~Under any circumstance you must 
keep your own thoughts calm, tolerant
and kind. Remember the Golden Rule.


~Nothing is really worth worrying
about. Nothing is really worth getting
 angry or hurt,or bitter about.
 Positively nothing is worth
 losing your peace of mind over.


~Open every door in the house of
your soul to God. Have no place
where the light of His presence
does not shine.


~Meet the world with a SMILE! 
(-: 


And to Rob's Aunt Rose...
I think of you every time I see
my Little Red Book...
It is a gift for my lifetime...
always teaching...always inspiring...
I Thank you for this treasure...


1 comment:

  1. Your blog is wonderful Marianne. Books tell so much. Aunt Ruth must of been an awesome person.
    I am sure she knows where her book ended up.
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete